Mens Matchplay Championships
Posted on: 26 April
This Saturday is the first qualifying round for the Wilsons Realty Mens matchplay championships. The best 8 scratch scores in each of the three grades – after adding this week’s score to next week’s medal round scores – will qualify for the matchplay section. Full details are:
1. Members wishing to qualify must pay $2.00 to the starter prior to commencement of the first qualifying round.
2. Handicap limits for players qualifying in the Club Match Play Championship are:
Daily GA Handicap
“A” Grade 0 – 12 0-11.4
“B” Grade 13 – 18 11.5- 16.9
“C” Grade 19 – 36 17.0-36.4
3. Qualifying for the Match Play Championship will be held over two (2) rounds on 27th April and 4th May, 2019. All players will remain in the same grade for both rounds of qualifying even if they break their handicap. The best eight (8) aggregate scratch scores in each grade to play in the Match Play Championship.
1st Round Saturday 11th May 2019 between 11.12 to 11.47am
Semi Finals Saturday 18th May 2019 between 11.12 to 11.26am
Finals Saturday 25th May 2019 between 11.12 to 11.19am
4. Ties for 8th place in each grade to be decided by count back.
5. All matches in the championship rounds MUST be played at the time and date allocated by the Match Committee. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
6. Players must familiarise themselves with the conditions of play and local rules before hitting off.
7. Play in Matches will commence from the WHITE TEES on each hole.
8. Matches square at the 18th continue on a sudden death basis commencing on the 1st hole.
9. Any disputes or protests must be in the hands of the Match Committee in writing within 15 minutes of the last group completing their round.
10. The winner of each match is responsible for advising the Match Committee of the result and for entering the result on the “draw” on the Notice Board outside the golf office.
11. All competitors in the Match Play Championship are required to leave the golf course as soon as the match is decided.
12. These conditions of play can be added to, altered or deleted by the Match Committee at any time.
10th April 2019